According to a 2022 nationally representative survey by Consumer Reports, one-third of Americans say they think supplements have been tested by the Food and Drug Administration for safety. (source)
This is a falsehood perpetuated by unscrupulous Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO) and brands. FDA does not inspect or approve any supplements or supplement manufacturers. In fact, its a bad omen if you see a brand claims any of the following:
- FDA Tested
- FDA Inspected
- FDA Approved
- Using FDA Logo
The FDA rarely visits CMOs without someone complaining about their product. They visit non-registered factories more frequently than those that are GMP certified. Yet, even if a factory is inspected by the FDA the factory is not allowed to use that in their advertising. They can’t even advertise “we passed inspection”. FDA does not approve of supplement factories, they just disapprove.
Consumers Want Sellers to Ensure Quality!
According to UL, Pew Charitable Trust, 71% of consumers thought retailers should be responsible for the safety and accuracy of supplements. (source)
- Highest quality (20%)
GMP certified for >3 years by NSF and UL
- Medium quality (10%)
GMP certified for < 1 year by NSF and UL
- Low quality (30%) – No GMP Cert
Unqualified factories, cutting corners, resulting in adulterated supplements, limited QA
- Worst quality (40%) – No GMP Cert
Lawless enterprises, falsifying records. Intentionally making fake supplements
Worst Quality: Breaking every regulation possible
Despite how the supplements look visually, the supplements could have little or no actual active ingredients. The product may not even have any ingredients stated on its packaging at all!
What Is VeriGMP®?
How The VeriGMP® Quality Control System Would Work?
- The supplement brand would hire VeriGMP® to collect a sample from their CMO
- Depending on production volume VeriGMP® representative would collect about 6 to 12 units (bottles)
- VeriGMP® would survey the facility and fill in a report, they would take pictures of the entire production lot, make sure the entire lot was still at the factory, review production records, scan production records and then finally submit a report to the brand owner via VeriGMP®.
- The supplement would be shipped to the most appropriate quality control laboratories.
- If the brand passes, then it would be cleared to advertise their product with the VeriGMP® trademark and with cooperation from Amazon would get ranked higher in Amazon’s search results.
Major Brands are Refusing to Openly Report Substandard Brands
Major Brands Alerting Major Universities
Most in the industry know that Amazon is awash with adulterated products, they just don’t talk about it because they don’t want to be retaliated against.
However, it is becoming clear that all brands, even the honest to God good ones need to emphasize quality above all else because when the news hits that majority of Amazon supplements are fake or adulterated, they need to prove they are up to potency!
An Investment Opportunity:
VeriGMP Lab Logistics and Quality Communication System
100% Compostable Vitamin Bottles
PureNSM Group plans to go public within a year. However we are now raising funds (Equity Crowd Funding) to disrupt both quality communication in the industry with the VeriGMP® system as well as promoting the use of 100% compostable vitamin bottles. Both projects are welcomed by many brand owners. (link to investment plans)
The story of PureNSM Group started in 1993 when we established our supplement factory. We now have 45,000 sq ft, over $14m in revenue and over $4m in sales from our own brand of supplements. We have a fully GMP trained staff. Certified GMP by UL since 2017 and by NSF since 2014.
Oskar Thorvaldsson, CEO
PureNSM, VeriGMP, Dr. Clark Store, Bernard Jensen’s, Pick Pack America
Cell Phone: 619-957-1918
Company Phone: 619-409-9077 ext 0